Gwen and the player entered Dr Daemon's cliffside mansion in order to get to the Smuggler's Cove Lighthouse, a known demon portal. In the mansion's aquarium room however, the team found FBI consultant Bucky Johnson electrocuted to death by a high voltage that also killed the sharks inside the aquarium.
Mid-investigation, the team saw the lighthouse flashing, but ultimately found nobody that had gone through. Later, the team had to stop housekeeper Edwina Pickles from cleaning up the crime scene. Fortunately, the team found enough evidence to arrest Edwina for the murder.
During the confrontation, Edwina revealed herself to be the demon Edwinata stationed in the mansion to ensure the safe arrival of the demons through the lighthouse. Bucky discovered her true identity, however, and so she silenced him so she could continue living in the mansion and not in the Netherworld. Edwinata then teleported away.
Post-trial, Dr Daemon's son Seth Daemon told the team that he saw a ghost named Belinda in the lighthouse who wanted to talk to the team. Gwen and the player then met with Belinda's ghost, who told them that she had been monitoring the team since her death. Before dissipating, she told the team that she saw a demon leaving a message on a stone tablet in the lighthouse. The team found the tablet, which (per Hope) stated that the demon queen was planning to rip the veil between the Netherworld and Earth, which was only possible during a planetary alignment taking place nine days from then.
Meanwhile, Chief Arrow and the player went back to the mansion and found Edwinata's historic account regarding the demons. Per Felix, the account revealed that Chief Arrow's mentor, master supernatural hunter Falcon, had bound the demon queen to Lily Arrow's body. The team then found Falcon, who revealed that he was working with Rathimael during the demon war. When the queen was defeated, the two of them knew that the queen's cage would have to be made of an utterly pure being, and Lily was the only one who met all the requirements as she was a good fairy who had her wings cut. In order to provide an appropriate vessel, Falcon got a vampire to drain Lily of her blood, and then he and Rathimael exhumed Lily's body from the cemetery one week after. He then went on to mentor the Chief to keep him from going mad after his wife's death.
After all the events, Ben told the team he saw the Chief driving away in his RV. Near the RV parking spot, the team found the Chief's phone, which had GPS coordinates set to Florida. Ben told the team that Lily and the Chief had their last vacation in a swamp in the Everglades before she died. The team then went to the Everglades in order to chase and save the Chief from himself and the demons.
- Bucky Johnson (electrocuted to death with an electroshock device)
- Electroshock Device
- Edwina Pickles
- The killer knows electronics.
- The killer drinks vodka martinis.
- The killer plays Criminal Chase.
- The killer wears silver jewelry.
- The killer has black hair.
- Investigate Aquarium Room. (Clues: Purple Beanie, Victim's Body; New Suspect: Dr Daemon; Victim identified: Bucky Johnson)
- Examine Purple Beanie. (Result: The Tin Man; New Suspect: Martin Fuller)
- Find out why the Tin Man was at Dr Daemon's house. (Prerequisite: The Tin Man decoded)
- Talk to Dr Daemon. (Prerequisite: Aquarium Room investigated; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Back Entrance)
- Investigate Back Entrance. (Prerequisite: Daemon interrogated; Clues: Cleaning Products, Broken Metal)
- Examine Cleaning Products. (Result: Locket Photo)
- Examine Locket Photo. (New Suspect: Edwina Pickles)
- Ask Edwina Pickles if she witnessed anything regarding the murder. (Prerequisite: Edwina Pickles identified)
- Examine Broken Metal. (Result: Victim's Badge)
- Analyze Victim's Badge. (03:00:00; Attribute: The killer drinks vodka martinis)
- Autopsy Victim's Body. (18:00:00; Attribute: The killer knows electronics)
- Go to Chapter 2. (1 star)
- Investigate Lighthouse. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2; Clues: Torn Blueprint, Tree Stump, Briefcase)
- Examine Torn Blueprint. (Result: Blueprint)
- Analyze Blueprint. (12:00:00; Attribute: The killer plays Criminal Chase; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Creepy Statues)
- Investigate Creepy Statues. (Prerequisite: Blueprint analyzed; Clues: Security Camera, Victim's Shoe)
- Examine Security Camera. (Result: Unlocked CCTV)
- Analyze Unlocked CCTV. (12:00:00)
- Confront The Tin Man about following the victim. (Prerequisite: Unlocked CCTV analyzed; Profile updated: Martin knows electronics, drinks vodka martinis and plays Criminal Chase)
- Examine Victim's Shoe. (Result: Blue Liquid)
- Examine Blue Liquid. (Result: Mr Biceps)
- Ask Mrs Pickles what she was doing with the victim's shoe. (Prerequisite: Mr Biceps identified under microscope; Profile updated: Edwina knows electronics)
- Examine Tree Stump. (Result: Tree Stump Message; New Suspect: Seth Daemon)
- Talk to Seth Daemon about the murder. (Prerequisite: Tree Stump Message unraveled; Profiles updated: Seth drinks vodka martinis, Edwina drinks vodka martinis)
- Examine Briefcase. (Result: Access Pass; New Suspect: George Mathison)
- Ask George Mathison what he's doing here. (Prerequisite: Access Pass found; Profile updated: George knows electronics)
- Go to Chapter 3. (1 star)
- Profile updated: Edwina plays Criminal Chase
- Investigate Fireplace. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; Mask, Victim's Tablet, Torn Cover)
- Examine Mask. (Result: Fingerprints)
- Analyze Fingerprints. (09:00:00)
- Find out what George Mathison was doing with a mask of the victim. (Prerequisite: Fingerprints analyzed)
- Examine Victim's Tablet. (Result: Text Message)
- Confront Seth Daemon about harassing the victim. (Prerequisite: Text Message unlocked; Profile updated: Seth plays Criminal Chase)
- Examine Torn Cover. (Result: Magazine Cover)
- See how Dr Daemon felt about the victim claiming he wasn't that evil. (Prerequisite: Magazine Cover restored; Profile updated: Daemon knows electronics, drinks vodka martinis and plays Criminal Chase)
- Investigate Broken Pier. (All tasks before must be done first; Clues: Vodkatini Can, Pile of Leaves)
- Examine Vodkatini Can. (Result: Powder)
- Analyze Powder. (09:00:00; Attribute: The killer wears silver jewelry)
- Examine Pie of Leaves. (Result: Electroshock Device)
- Analyze Electroshock Device. (15:00:00; Murder Weapon registered: Electroshock Device; Attribute: The killer has black hair)
- Take care of the killer now!
- Go to Beyond the Veil (2/5). (No stars)
Beyond the Veil (2/5)
- Find out what Belinda's ghost wants. (Available after unlocking Beyond the Veil; Reward: Demon Face)
- Investigate Broken Pier. (Prerequisite: Belinda interrogated; Clue: Broken Stone)
- Examine Broken Stone. (Result: Stone Tablet)
- Examine Stone Tablet. (Result: Demon's Message)
- Analyze Demon's Message. (06:00:00)
- Investigate Aquarium Room. (Available after unlocking Beyond the Veil; Clue: Mrs Pickles' Bag)
- Examine Mrs Pickles' Bag. (Result: Demon Manuscript)
- Analyze Demon Manuscript. (09:00:00)
- Confront Falcon about his part in Lily Arrow's death. (Prerequisite: Demon Manuscript analyzed; Reward: Burger)
- Investigate Back Entrance. (All tasks before must be done first; Clue: Chief's Phone)
- Examine Chief's Phone. (Result: Unlocked Phone)
- Ask Ben why the chief is going to Florida. (Prerequisite: Chief's Phone unlocked; Reward: 20,000 Coins)
- Move on to a new crime! (1 star)
- The case title is based on the 1927 novel of the same name written by British author Virginia Woolf.
- A handful of fictional brands, products, and people mentioned in the case are parodies of real-life brands, products or people:
- Mr Biceps is a parody of Mr Muscle.
- Out of Mind is a parody of Out of Sight.
- George Looney is a parody of George Clooney.
- Jennifer Popez is a parody of Jennifer Lopez.
- Criminal Chase is a parody of Criminal Case.
- Fifty Shades of Earl Grey is a parody of Fifty Shades of Grey.
- The tag line on Edwina's vodka martini, "Stirred not shaken", is a parody of James Bond's catchphrase "Shaken, not stirred".