After a young woman was reported dead at Liberty Island, Maddie and the player headed there to retrieve the dead body of Victoria Stanbury, who was found with her throat slashed. After gaining enough evidence from a lab analysis, a witness testimony, and a left-behind clue, the team arrested her husband, Percy Stanbury, for the murder. Chief Wright thus deemed the player prepared enough to take on a new case.
- Victoria Stanbury (found dead in a park, her throat slashed)
- Bloody Knife
- Percy Stanbury
- The killer is right-handed.
- The killer has a mustache.
- The killer has a blazon.
- Investigate Liberty Island. (Clues: Bloody Knife, Victim's Body; Victim identified: Victoria Stanbury; Murder Weapon registered: Bloody Knife)
- Autopsy Victim's Body. (00:00:05; Attribute: The killer is right-handed)
- Attribute: The killer has a mustache (All tasks above must be done first)
- Investigate Park. (All tasks above must be done first; Clue: Torn Jacket)
- Examine Torn Jacket. (Result: Jacket; Attribute: The killer has a blazon)
- Take care of the killer now!
- Move on to a new crime (in New Haven)! (No stars)
- This is one of the cases in Mysteries of the Past in which the victim and the killer are relatives.
- This case, The Death of Rosa Wolf, Welcome to Pacific Bay, The Murder of Amanda Love, and The Dead and the Beautiful are the only five cases which:
- Like Welcome to Pacific Bay, The Murder of Amanda Love and The Dead and the Beautiful:
- This case has two crime scenes, no "Solve the Puzzle" scene, no "Time Attack" scene, and no "Spot the Differences" scene.
- This case does not include a playable Additional Investigation.
- This case cannot be viewed again once you move on to the next case.
- This case does not include any unlockable stickers.