The Dockyard Killer is a case featured in Criminal Case, appearing as the fourth case of the game as well as the city of Grimsborough. It takes place in the Industrial Area, a district based in Grimsborough.
A barge driver named James Smith reported the police as he found a dead body in the docks. There, Jones and the player collected the body of Dan Broke, who was found dead bleeding from a stomach-wound. The killer turned out to be a drug dealer named Bulldog.
Dan once bought drugs from Bulldog and owed him $2,000; however, the latter lost his patience waiting for the former to pay him back. As a result, Bulldog stabbed Dan in the stomach with a pocket knife at Oakville Valley (where Dan worked), dumped the victim on the docks and left him to bleed to death.
Judge Hall sentenced Bulldog to a 20-year minimum jail term for grand manslaughter.
After the arrest, the police would assist James in finding a delivery address, as well police informant Bart Williams with finding his wallet and the victim's girlfriend Sally Stone in finding her antidepressants.
- Dan Broke (left for dead on the docks, bleeding from a stomach-wound)
- Pocket Knife
- The killer wears a skull badge.
- The killer is left-handed.
- The killer has red hair.
- The killer wears this tattoo.
- Investigate The Docks. (Clues: Victim's Body, Broken Badge, Dan's Wallet; Victim identified: Dan Broke; New Suspect: James Smith)
- Autopsy Victim’s Body. (18:00:00; Attribute: The killer is left-handed and has red hair)
- Examine Broken Badge. (Result: Skull Badge)
- Analyze Skull Badge. (00:30:00; Attribute: The killer wears a skull badge)
- Get the Barge Driver's testimony. (Prerequisite: The Docks investigated)
- Examine Dan's Wallet. (Result: Address; New Suspect: Gloria Roach)
- Ask the building supervisor about the victim. (Prerequisite: Address found; New Suspect: Sally Stone)
- Question Sally Stone about the victim. (Prerequisite: Gloria interrogated; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Living Room)
- Investigate Living Room. (Prerequisite: Sally interrogated; Clue: Sally's Bag)
- Examine Sally’s Bag. (Result: Bracelet)
- Question Sally about the bracelet you found in her bag. (Prerequisite: Bracelet found)
- Go to Chapter 2. (2 stars)
- Profile updated: Gloria is right-handed
- Investigate A Container. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2; Clue: Cigarette Butt)
- Examine Cigarette Butt. (Result: Fingerprint)
- Analyze Fingerprint. (00:02:00)
- See what James Smith wants. (Prerequisite: Fingerprint analyzed; Profile updated: James is right-handed)
- Examine Drug Package. (Result: Code; New Suspect: Bart Williams; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Bed)
- Talk to Bart about the drug package. (Prerequisite: Code deciphered; New Suspect: Bulldog; Profile updated: Bart is left-handed)
- Question Bulldog about the victim. (Prerequisite: Bart interrogated; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Backstreet)
- Investigate Backstreet. (Prerequisite: Bulldog interrogated; Clue: Bloody Poster)
- Examine Bloody Poster. (Result: Blood)
- Analyze Blood. (00:30:00)
- Question Bulldog about the blood found in the alley. (Prerequisite: Blood analyzed; Profile updated: Bulldog is left-handed)
- Investigate Bed. (Prerequisite: Code deciphered; Clue: Sally's Shoes)
- Examine Sally's Shoes. (Result: Soil Sample)
- Analyze Soil Sample. (06:00:00)
- Confront Sally about being on the docks. (Prerequisite: Soil Sample analyzed; Profile: Sally is left-handed)
- Go to Chapter 3. (2 stars)
- Investigate Garbage Bin. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; Clue: Pocket Knife)
- Examine Knife. (Result: Blood)
- Analyze Blood. (06:00:00; Attribute: The killer wears this tattoo; Murder Weapon registered: Pocket Knife)
- Take care of the killer now!
- Go to Additional Investigation. (2 stars)
- Check up on James Smith. (Available after unlocking Additional Investigation)
- Investigate The Docks. (Clue: Delivery Form)
- Give James his delivery form. (Prerequisite: Delivery Form found)
- Examine Delivery Form. (Prerequisite: James interrogated after finding Delivery Form; Result: Delivery Address)
- Give James his delivery address. (Prerequisite: Delivery Address deciphered; Reward: Raincoat)
- Check up on Sally Stone. (Available after unlocking Additional Investigation)
- Investigate Living Room. (Clue: Grocery Bag)
- Examine Grocery Bag. (Result: Pills)
- Analyze Pills. (03:00:00)
- Give her pills back to Sally. (Prerequisite: Pills analyzed; Reward: Burger)
- Check up on Bart Williams. (Available after unlocking Additional Investigation)
- Investigate Backstreet. (Clue: Bart's Wallet)
- Examine Bart's Wallet. (Result: Torn Photo)
- Examine Torn Photo. (Result: Photo)
- Ask Bart about the picture in his wallet. (Prerequisite: Photo restored; Reward: 50 XP)
- Move on to a new crime! (1 star)
- This is the only case which includes four killer attributes.
- This case and Good Cop Dead Cop are the only cases which have only 5 steps to complete Chapter 3.
- In "A Container" crime scene, a replica of the Statue of Liberty can be spotted.