Luke and the player went to the Smithsonian Museum in Washington, D.C. to find the Eye of Sparron in order to decipher the inscription on Rathimael's ring. There however, they were informed that a student was murdered at a nearby Native American archaeological dig. Posing as FBI agents, the team commenced the investigation into Highsmith University student Dan Quang's murder via a cursed amulet.
Mid-investigation, the team talked to the mummy of Pharaoh Sephtah the Sixth, who had risen from his sarcophagus in the museum's storage facility after his amulet was stolen. Later, Chief Arrow had to lure the mummy back into the museum after Felix revealed that he escaped to the Fifth Amendment bar looking for his amulet. The team then found enough evidence to arrest the victim's thesis advisor, archaeology professor Theresa Rosenthal, for the murder.
Theresa said that she was getting tired of Quang's theories about Ancient Egyptians in Washington, D.C. and regarding the scarab amulet. To prove to him that ancient curses were not real, Theresa threw the amulet at him. After Quang instinctively caught it without his gloves, the curse travelled from his palm up to his heart, killing Quang. The team then delivered Theresa to the authorities.
Post-arrest, Gwen and the player found the Eye of Sparron in the museum's storage facility after consulting the museum's curator Cleo Sinclair. Using the Eye, Felix and Arthur Darkwood determined that according to the ring, the fifth key to the demon queen's cage was a human baby who would be 25 years old during the present day. The team then went for another trip to the archives, where they found an inventory of a 1994 archaeological dig at a site next to Rathimael's mansion. The team then talked to Theresa, the lead at the dig, who told the team of Bob Nelson, a creepy character next to the dig who was always holding a baby. The team had to stop the questioning, however, when Theresa was summoned by the FBI for interrogation via Officer Blake.
Meanwhile, Luke and the player returned the mummy's amulet to him as well as gave him the beer he was requesting to put him back to sleep. After all the events, the team concluded that Bob Nelson was Rathimael and his baby was the fifth key to the queen's cage. Right then, Felix informed them that Theresa was found dead in the FBI headquarters, prompting them to get there to investigate.
- Dan Quang (found dead with an amulet in his hand)
- Theresa Rosenthal
- The killer has insomnia.
- The killer drinks IPA.
- The killer is dyslexic.
- The killer has black eyes.
- The killer has a bandage.
- Investigate Archaeological Dig. (Clues: Faded Folder, Calla Lily, Victim's Body; Victim identified: Dan Quang)
- Examine Faded Folder. (Result: Assignment Folder; New Suspect: Theresa Rosenthal)
- Ask Theresa Rosenthal about the victim. (Prerequisite: Assignment Folder unraveled; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Storage Room)
- Investigate Storage Room. (Prerequisite: Theresa interrogated; Clues: Egyptian Box, Lock Picking Set)
- Examine Egyptian Box. (Result: Egyptian Items)
- Examine Egyptian Items. (Result: Note; New Suspect: Cleo Sinclair)
- Question Cleo Sinclair about her relationship with the victim. (Prerequisite: Note found)
- Examine Lock Picking Set. (Result: Falcon's Insignia; New Suspect: Falcon)
- Interrogate Falcon about his activities at the museum. (Prerequisite: Falcon's Insignia identified)
- Examine Calla Lily. (Result: Brown Substance)
- Analyze Brown Substance. (03:00:00; Attribute: The killer drinks IPA)
- Autopsy Victim's Body. (18:00:00; Murder Weapon registered: Amulet; Attribute: The killer has insomnia)
- Go to Chapter 2. (No stars)
- Speak with the Mummy. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2; New Crime Scene Unlocked: The Fifth Amendment Bar)
- Investigate The Fifth Amendment Bar. (Prerequisite: Mummy interrogated; Clues: Torn Page, Lost and Found)
- Examine Torn Page. (Result: Page)
- Analyze Page. (12:00:00; Attribute: The killer is dyslexic; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Sarcophagus)
- Investigate Sarcophagus. (Prerequisite: Page analyzed; Clues: Faded Document, CCTV Camera)
- Examine Faded Document. (Result: Victim's Thesis)
- Question Theresa Rosenthal about rejecting the victim's thesis. (Prerequisite: Victim's Thesis unraveled; Profile updated: Theresa has insomnia and is dyslexic)
- Examine CCTV Camera. (Result: Security Camera)
- Analyze Security Camera. (12:00:00)
- Interrogate the Mummy about his threat to the victim. (Prerequisite: Security Camera analyzed)
- Examine Lost and Found. (Result: Ballcap; New Suspect: Reggie Pratt)
- Ask Reggie Pratt if he knew the victim. (Prerequisite: Ballcap found; Profile updated: Reggie drinks IPA)
- Go to Chapter 3. (1 star)
- Investigate Bar Counter. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; Clues: Eye of Horus, Notepad, Locked Phone)
- Examine Eye of Horus. (Result: Oily Substance)
- Examine Oily Substance. (Result: Protection Oil)
- Question Falcon about his warning to the victim. (Prerequisite: Protection Oil identified under microscope; Profile updated: Falcon drinks IPA)
- Examine Notepad. (Result: Notes)
- Ask Reggie Pratt about keeping the victim under surveillance. (Prerequisite: Notes unraveled; Profile updated: Reggie has insomnia and is dyslexic)
- Examine Locked Phone. (Result: Unlocked Phone)
- Analyze Unlocked Phone. (09:00:00)
- Interrogate Cleo Sinclair about her last message to the victim. (Prerequisite: Unlocked Phone analyzed; Profile updated: Cleo has insomnia, drinks IPA and is dyslexic, Theresa drinks IPA)
- Investigate Excavation Site. (All tasks before must be done first; Clues: Box of Sleeping Pills, Archaeology Toolbox)
- Examine Box of Sleeping Pills. (Result: Dust)
- Analyze Dust. (15:00:00; Attribute: The killer has black eyes)
- Examine Archaeology Toolbox. (Result: Lower Amulet Half)
- Analyze Lower Amulet Half. (09:00:00; Attribute: The killer has a bandage)
- Take care of the killer now!
- Go to The Keys to the Kingdom (4/5). (No stars)
The Keys to the Kingdom (4/5)
- Restore the amulet to the Mummy. (Available after unlocking The Keys to the Kingdom)
- Investigate The Fifth Amendment Bar. (Prerequisite: Mummy interrogated; Clue: Locked Fridge)
- Examine Locked Fridge. (Result: Beer)
- Analyze Beer. (06:00:00)
- Help lay the Mummy to rest. (Prerequisite: Beer analyzed; Reward: Egyptian Mask)
- Ask Cleo Sinclair for permission to search for the magnifying glass. (Available after unlocking The Keys to the Kingdom)
- Investigate Storage Room. (Prerequisite: Cleo interrogated; Clue: Archive Box)
- Examine Archive Box. (Result: Antique Magnifying Glass)
- Analyze Antique Magnifying Glass. (09:00:00)
- Ask Arthur Darkwood about the fifth key. (Prerequisite: Antique Magnifying Glass analyzed; Reward: Burger)
- Investigate Sarcophagus. (Prerequisite: Arthur interrogated; Clue: Clipboard)
- Examine Clipboard. (Result: Inventory Record)
- Ask Theresa Rosenthal about The Pilgrim. (Prerequisite: Inventory Record unraveled; Reward: 20,000 Coins)
- Move on to a new crime! (1 star)
- The case title is a pun on the phrase "scared to death".
- This is one of the cases in which the killer has to be interrogated once again during the Additional Investigation.
- The Mummy is interrogated twice in Chapter 2, making this one of only two cases outside of the Industrial Area where the same suspect is interrogated twice in the same chapter during the main leg, along with Bomb Alert on Grimsborough.
- Two items of American presidents can be seen:
- In the "Sarcophagus" crime scene, a drawing of a bust of Nefertiti can be seen.
- Welp is a parody of Yelp.
- Pretty Night is a reference to Pretty Simple.