Luke and the player headed to the Supernatural Ball in Niagara Falls to find more information about Rathimael's true identity and his fifth key, only to discover paranormal TrendVidder Ronnie Hawk strangled to death.
Mid-investigation, the team found out Ronnie was planning to jump off Niagara Falls as a publicity stunt, prompting them to search an abandoned cabin in the area. Later, lunatic vampire Bathsheba, who was dressed up as Gwen for the ball, started fighting with Gwen in the latter's van over her hat. They also discovered that Ronnie was in fact a dhampir (half-vampire, half-human), whose mother was vampire coven leader Roxanne Vega. The team then found enough evidence to arrest wendigo Wendall Goh for the murder.
Wendall said that Ronnie was planning to buy the abandoned cabin that he was inhabiting from the city council and move in. Despite not officially owning the cabin, Wendall saw this as Ronnie trying to steal his home and so strangled him when he refused to back down from the purchase. The team took Wendall to FBI paranormal expert Bucky Johnson for his punishment, although he said that he would outlive the punishment anyway.
After the arrest, Ronnie's body went missing and was later found by Luke and the player in his van. Eventually with occult dealer Reggie Pratt's help, they discovered that it was his mother, Roxanne, who took it and drained it of its blood because dhampir blood had powerful properties she was planning to use to strengthen her coven.
Meanwhile, Hope and the player asked Bucky if he knew anything about The Pilgrim. Bucky then directed them to his files, which the team used to discover that Rathimael was burned to death in Niagara Falls. The team then contacted Agent George Mathison for more info regarding the cold case. He then told the team that he had found an address related to The Pilgrim, "95 Tumbleweed Crescent" in Salem, Massachusetts.
After all the events, Hope discovered that the address was currently a witch museum. The team then prepared to head to Salem to find out more about Rathimael.
- Ronnie Hawk (found strangled at the supernatural ball)
- Strangled To Death
- Wendall Goh
- The killer took a falls boat tour.
- The killer drinks Niagara Falls cocktail.
- The killer has high blood pressure.
- The killer has a scar.
- The killer is older than 300.
- Investigate Supernatural Ball. (Clues: Photo Booth, Broken Device, Victim's Body; Victim identified: Ronnie Hawk)
- Examine Photo Booth. (Result: Unlocked Booth; New Suspect: Bathsheba)
- Ask Bathsheba about the victim. (Prerequisite: Photo Booth unlocked; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Ronnie Hawk's Van)
- Investigate Ronnie Hawk's Van. (Prerequisite: Bathsheba interrogated; Clues: Glass Vials, FBI Tracker)
- Examine Glass Vials. (New Suspect: Reggie Pratt)
- Find out why Reggie Pratt is at the supernatural ball. (Prerequisite: Reggie Pratt identified)
- Examine FBI Tracker. (Result: Agent ID Number; New Suspect: Bucky Johnson)
- See whether Agent Johnson was tracking the victim. (Prerequisite: Agent ID Number decoded)
- Examine Broken Device. (Result: Supernatural Device)
- Analyze Supernatural Device. (03:00:00; Attribute: The killer drinks Niagara Falls cocktail)
- Autopsy Victim's Body. (18:00:00; Murder Weapon registered: Strangled To Death; Attribute: The killer took a falls boat tour)
- Go to Chapter 2. (1 star)
- Investigate Wooden Cabin. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2; Clues: Victim's Backpack, Victim's Laptop, Faded Invitation)
- Examine Victim's Backpack. (Result: Phantom Zone Flyer)
- Analyze Phantom Zone Flyer. (12:00:00; Attribute: The killer has high blood pressure; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Van Interior)
- Investigate Van Interior. (Prerequisite: Phantom Zone Flyer analyzed; Clues: Torn Fabric, Cut Wires)
- Examine Torn Fabric. (Result: Werewolf Costume)
- Analyze Werewolf Costume. (12:00:00)
- Ask why Bathsheba tore the victim's costume. (Prerequisite: Werewolf Costume analyzed; Profile updated: Bathsheba drinks Niagara Falls cocktail)
- Examine Cut Wires. (Result: Purple Substance)
- Examine Purple Substance. (Result: Bat Venom)
- Confront Reggie Pratt about sabotaging the victim's van. (Prerequisite: Bat Venom identified under microscope; Profile updated: Reggie took a falls boat tour and has high blood pressure)
- Examine Victim's Laptop. (Result: Video Editing Program; New Suspect: Roxanne Vega)
- Talk to Roxanne Vega about the victim's murder. (Prerequisite: Video Editing Program unlocked; Profile updated: Roxanne took a falls boat tour and drinks Niagara Falls cocktail)
- Examine Faded Invitation. (Result: Wendall Goh Invitation; New Suspect: Wendall Goh)
- Find out whether Wendall Goh knew the victim. (Prerequisite: Name unraveled; Profile updated: Wendall took a falls boat tour and drinks Niagara Falls cocktail)
- Go to Chapter 3. (1 star)
- Investigate Cabin Porch. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; Clues: Broken Sign, Locked Phone, Ancient Book)
- Examine Broken Sign. (Result: Keep Out Sign)
- Ask why Wendall Goh wanted the victim off his property. (Prerequisite: Keep Out Sign restored; Profile updated: Wendall has high blood pressure)
- Examine Locked Phone. (Result: Text Message)
- Question Agent Johnson about his orders to eliminate the victim. (Prerequisite: Text Message unlocked; Profile updated: Bucky took a falls boat tour, drinks Niagara Falls cocktail and has high blood pressure)
- Examine Ancient Book. (Result: Dhampirs Book)
- Analyze Dhampirs Book. (09:00:00)
- Find out if Roxanne Vega was the victim's mother. (Prerequisite: Dhampirs Book analyzed; Profile updated: Roxanne has high blood pressure)
- Investigate Ballroom Tables. (All tasks before must be done first; Clues: Boat Ticket, Party Tray)
- Examine Boat Ticket. (Result: White Threads)
- Analyze White Threads. (09:00:00; Attribute: The killer has a scar)
- Examine Party Tray. (Result: Cocktail Glass)
- Analyze Cocktail Glass. (15:00:00; Attribute: The killer is older than 300)
- Take care of the killer now!
- Go to The Keys to the Kingdom (2/5). (No stars)
The Keys to the Kingdom (2/5)
- Ask Bucky Johnson what he knows about The Pilgrim. (Available after unlocking The Keys to the Kingdom; Reward: 20,000 Coins)
- Investigate Wooden Cabin. (Prerequisite: Bucky interrogated; Clue: Briefcase)
- Examine Briefcase. (Result: FBI Files)
- Analyze FBI Files. (06:00:00)
- See if Agent Mathison knows more about The Pilgrim file. (Prerequisite: FBI Files analyzed)
- Investigate Ronnie Hawk's Van. (Available after unlocking The Keys to the Kingdom; Clue: Ronnie's Body)
- Autopsy Ronnie's Body. (09:00:00)
- Confront Reggie Pratt about draining the victim's blood. (Prerequisite: Ronnie's Body autopsied; Reward: Burger)
- Investigate Supernatural Ball. (Prerequisite: Reggie interrogated; Clue: Pile of Clothes)
- Examine Pile of Clothes. (Result: Supernatural Tracker)
- Interrogate Roxanne Vega about stealing her son's body. (Prerequisite: Supernatural Tracker found; Reward: Garlic Necklace)
- Update the Chief on Rathimael's murder. (All tasks before must be done first)
- Move on to a new crime! (1 star)
- The case title is a reference to Niagara Falls, a group of three waterfalls at the southern end of Niagara Gorge and the place where this case takes place.
- This is one of only nine cases in the game in which all of the suspects make an appearance after the case, the others being At the End of the Rope, A Killer Among Us, In Plain Sight, Sinners and Saints, Slayer's End, How the East Was Won, Death in My Hand, and Death as Old as Time.
- Furthermore, it is the only case in the game in which the victim as well as all the suspects make an appearance after the case.
- This case, Over the Edge and Scry for Help are thus far the only cases in Supernatural Investigations in which the murder weapon is an action.
- This case is one of only three cases in the game where the same body is autopsied twice, with the others being Operation Spyfall and Head Case.
- How to Train Your Chupacabra is a parody of How to Train Your Dragon.
- Pretty Bier is a reference to Pretty Simple.