Murder on Campus is a case featured in Criminal Case, appearing as the thirty-second case of the game as well as in the city of Grimsborough. It is the first case to take place in the University district.
On the first week of school, two months after the player and Jones were sent to the University, Chief King informed them that a student was found dead on the campus lawn. There, they collected the body of freshman student Rani Goshwalla, who was found gruesomely tied up in her bikini and left to asphyxiate next to an ant hill.
Dean Donna Walker believed Rani was a victim of a hazing, before a viral video revealed that Josh Anderson had claimed to have slept with the victim. Later, criminal psychology student Tess Goodwin claimed to have figured out who killed the victim, only for her to reveal that she suspected someone from the Psi Sigma Gamma sorority. In the end, the killer turned out to be Rani's elder sister, Misha Goshwalla.
Misha admitted that she hated Rani and was jealous of her as she thought that her younger sister was better, prettier, and more popular than her. One day, Misha decided to tell her sister how she really felt while they were in the campus. Just when Misha went to Rani, she saw her younger sister wearing a bikini with writings all over her body, which made Misha want to humiliate Rani in front of the whole college. She then made Rani drink alcohol until she finally passed out, before Misha tied her up and left for the whole college to see. However what she did not realize was that there was an ant hill right next to her unconscious sister, causing her to die of asphyxiation after the ants crawled into her ears, nose, and mouth and suffocated her airways. For the manslaughter, Judge Hall sentenced her to 12 years in prison in which she was to report to a psychiatrist regularly, in spite of her expressing interest in continuing her education before Judge Hall.
After the trial, Jones and the player assisted Dean Walker in finding photographic evidence to help stop hazing at the university and helped Tess look for her missing notes in the amphitheater. Nathan and the player also helped sorority president Madison Springer track down her sorority founder's missing pin. Following the closure of the case, Jones said that there was a concert going on at the Grimsborough Concert Hall.
- Rani Goshwalla (found gruesomely tied up in her bikini next to an ant hill)
- Misha Goshwalla
- The killer eats frozen yogurt.
- The killer drinks champagne.
- The killer takes Vitamin C supplements.
- The killer wears pink fabric.
- The killer wears a Psi Sigma Gamma Brooch.
- Investigate College Grounds. (Clues: Victim's Body, Ant Hill, Torn Pieces of Paper; Victim identified: Rani Goshwalla; New Suspect: Donna Walker)
- Autopsy Victim's Body. (18:00:00; Murder Weapon registered: Ants; Attribute: The killer drinks champagne)
- Examine Ant Hill. (Result: Ants)
- Analyze Ants. (12:00:00; Attribute: The killer eats frozen yogurt)
- Examine Torn Pieces of Paper. (Result: Leaflet; New Suspect: Tess Goodwin)
- Question Tess Goodwin about her enthusiasm for murder. (Prerequisite: Leaflet restored)
- Talk to the Dean about the victim. (Prerequisite: College Grounds investigated; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Amphitheater)
- Investigate Amphitheater. (Prerequisite: Donna interrogated; Clue: Handbag)
- Examine Handbag. (Result: Scrapbook)
- Analyze Rani's Book. (03:00:00; New Suspect: Misha Goshwalla)
- Inform Misha of her sister's death. (Prerequisite: Rani's Book analyzed)
- Go to Chapter 2. (1 star)
- Examine Viral Video. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2; Result: Viral Video Report; New Suspect: Josh Anderson)
- Grill Josh concerning his viral video. (Prerequisite: Josh identified on Viral Video Report; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Auditorium; Profile updated: Josh drinks champagne)
- Investigate Auditorium. (Prerequisite: Josh interrogated; Clue: Newspaper Article)
- Examine Newspaper Article. (Result: Article Headline)
- Analyze Article Headline. (03:00:00)
- Talk to the Dean about her past hazing. (Prerequisite: Article Headline analyzed; Profile updated: Donna drinks champagne)
- Investigate Sorority Common Room. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2; Clues: Torn Pieces of Paper, Girls' Items)
- Examine Torn Pieces of Paper. (Result: Invitation; New Suspect: Madison Springer)
- Question Madison about her sorority. (Prerequisite: Invitation restored; Profiles updated: Madison eats frozen yogurt, Misha drinks champagne)
- Examine Girls' Items. (Result: Funnel)
- Analyze Funnel. (12:00:00; Attribute: The killer takes Vitamin C supplements)
- Go to Chapter 3. (2 stars)
- Talk to Tess about her claim of knowing who the killer is. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Sorority Lounge; Profile updated: Tess takes Vitamin C supplements)
- Investigate Sorority Lounge. (Clues: Cell Phone, Photograph)
- Give the photo back to Misha. (Prerequisite: Photograph found in Sorority Lounge; Profile updated: Misha eats frozen yogurt and takes Vitamin C supplements)
- Examine Cell Phone. (Result: Unlocked Phone)
- Analyze Unlocked Phone. (03:00:00)
- Quiz Madison about possibly conducting a hazing. (Prerequisite: Phone analyzed; Profile updated: Madison drinks champagne)
- Examine Box of Photos. (Prerequisite: Madison interrogated; Result: Blurry Photograph)
- Analyze Blurry Photograph. (12:00:00; Attribute: The killer wears a Psi Sigma Gamma Brooch)
- Investigate Campus Lawn. (Clues: Note, Broken Trinket)
- Examine Note. (Result: Recovered Note)
- Question Josh about his death threats to the victim. (Prerequisite: Note examined; Profile updated: Josh eats frozen yogurt and drinks Vitamin C supplements)
- Examine Broken Trinket. (Result: Trinket)
- Analyze Trinket. (12:00:00; Attribute: The killer wears pink fabric)
- Take care of the killer now!
- Go to Additional Investigation. (No stars)
- Talk to the Dean about the hazing problems. (Available after unlocking Additional Investigation)
- Investigate Campus Grounds. (Prerequisite: Donna interrogated; Clue: Torn Up Negatives)
- Examine Torn Negatives. (Result: Negatives)
- Analyze Negatives. (03:00:00)
- Give the negatives to the Dean. (Prerequisite: Negatives analyzed; Reward: 15,000 Coins)
- Check up on Tess Goodwin. (Available after unlocking Additional Investigation)
- Investigate Amphitheater. (Prerequisite: Tess interrogated; Clue: Tess's Notebook)
- Examine Tess's Notebook. (Result: Criminal Psychology Notes)
- Give her notes back to Tess Goodwin. (Prerequisite: Criminal Psychology Notes unraveled; Reward: Burger)
- Ask Madison Springer what's wrong. (Available after unlocking Additional Investigation)
- Investigate Sorority Common Room. (Prerequisite: Madison interrogated; Clue: Pink Basket)
- Examine Pink Basket. (Result: Old Pin)
- Examine Old Pin. (Result: Psi Sigma Gamma Pin)
- Give the pin to Madison Springer. (Prerequisite: Psi Sigma Gamma Pin identified; Reward: University Badge, University Gown)
- Move on to a new crime! (1 star)
- This case, Spring Break Massacre, All the King's Horses and Snakes on the Stage are the only cases in Grimsborough in which the murder weapon is an animal (in this case, the murder weapon is ants).
- This is one of the six cases in Grimsborough in which the victim and the killer are relatives.
- In the crime scene "Campus Lawn", the collectible objects "Orange Portal" and "Blue Portal" are a reference to the popular video game series Portal.