During the investigation, the team met Martine Meunier, who had quit her post as a coroner of the Grimsborough Police Department to become an editor for Flamme. Soon after, Léa told the team that the receptionist for Flamme offices had received the victim's bag. Later, the team had to break up an argument between Enzo and Émile over the latter joining a dating app. The team then found enough evidence to arrest intern Juliette Segal for the murder.
Upon confessing, Juliette told the team that she had wanted to work for Sébastien, even showing him her fashion illustrations to prove her skills. However, Sébastien hated them, going so far as to try to tell Martine to fire her. Fearing that she would get blacklisted from the industry altogether, Juliette sent him anonymous threats and settled on shooting him with a silenced gun to save her career. Judge Lebrun sentenced her to 35 years in prison.
Post-trial, Martine asked the team to unlock Juliette's tablet which contained information for Flamme's coverage of the Chior fashion show. Upon unlocking the tablet, Émile discovered Juliette was in contact with Eleonora Macaron, gang leader Antoine Macaron's daughter. When the team returned the tablet to her, Martine told them that Flamme was doing legitimate business dealings with Antoine and that Eleonora was a prominent socialite. On Martine's advice, the team headed to the bistro, which Eleonora frequented. When the team eventually found her, Eleonora told them that she and her father disagreed on their views.
Meanwhile, Hugo asked the player and High Commissioner Delacroix for help in delivering his divorce papers to Judge Lebrun. After all the events, the team resolved to tread lightly with Eleonora in case she knew anything about Cody James.
- Sébastien Lefebvre (found with a bullet wound in his chest at a bistro terrace)
- Silenced Pistol
- Juliette Segal
- The killer smokes Laval cigarettes.
- The killer is left-handed.
- The killer drinks Libertine cocktails.
- The killer has a tattoo.
- The killer wears glasses.
- Investigate Bistro Terrace. (Clues: Service Tray, Victim's Body; New Suspect: Martine Meunier; Victim identified: Sébastien Lefebvre)
- Examine Service Tray. (Result: Leather Glove)
- Analyze Leather Glove. (03:00:00; Attribute: The killer is left-handed)
- Autopsy Victim's Body. (18:00:00; Attribute: The killer smokes Laval cigarettes)
- See what Martine Meunier knows about the murder. (Prerequisite: Bistro Terrace investigated; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Victim's Office)
- Investigate Victim's Office. (Prerequisite: Martine interrogated; Clues: Broken Pocket Watch, Glasses Case)
- Examine Broken Pocket Watch. (Result: Pocket Watch [Back of Pocket Watch])
- Examine Back of Pocket Watch. (Result: Gift for Sébastien; New Suspect: Howard Stacy)
- Ask Howard Stacy about his connection to the victim. (Prerequisite: Gift for Sébastien unraveled)
- Examine Glasses Case. (Result: Designer Glasses; New Suspect: Juliette Segal)
- Ask Juliette Segal about working with the victim. (Prerequisite: Designer Glasses unlocked)
- Go to Chapter 2. (No stars)
- Investigate Entrance Reception. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2; Clues: Victim's Satchel, Outrageous Hat, Torn Sketch)
- Examine Victim's Satchel. (Result: Open Satchel [Photo of Victim])
- Analyze Photo of Victim. (12:00:00; Attribute: The killer drinks Libertine cocktails; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Office Lounge)
- Investigate Office Lounge. (Prerequisite: Photo of Victim analyzed; Clues: DVD, Box of Scarves)
- Examine DVD. (Result: Pink Powder)
- Examine Pink Powder. (Result: Embalming Powder)
- Interrogate Martine Meunier about her embalming powder. (Prerequisite: Embalming Powder identified under microscope; Profiles updated: Martine smokes Laval cigarettes, is left-handed and drinks Libertine cocktails, Juliette drinks Libertine cocktails)
- Examine Box of Scarves. (Result: Smartphone)
- Analyze Smartphone. (12:00:00; New Suspect: Simone Lemaitre)
- Question Simone Lemaitre about her negotiation with the victim. (Prerequisite: Smartphone analyzed)
- Examine Outrageous Hat. (Result: Gianni Domani's Hat; New Suspect: Gianni Domani)
- See if Gianni Domani knew the victim. (Prerequisite: Gianni Domani's Hat identified)
- Examine Torn Sketch. (Result: Fashion Sketch)
- Talk to Juliette Segal about her crush on the victim. (Prerequisite: Fashion Sketch restored; Profile updated: Juliette smokes Laval cigarettes and is left-handed)
- Go to Chapter 3. (1 star)
- Investigate Reception Desk. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; Clues: Suit Bag, Ceramic Pieces, Victim's Press Pass [Back of the Pass])
- Examine Suit Bag. (Result: Crazy Suit Jacket)
- Analyze Crazy Suit Jacket. (09:00:00)
- Grill Simone Lemaitre about her threat to the victim. (Prerequisite: Crazy Suit Jacket analyzed; Profile updated: Simone smokes Laval cigarettes, is left-handed and drinks Libertine cocktails)
- Examine Ceramic Pieces. (Result: Piggy Bank)
- Confront Howard Stacy about his weird gift to the victim. (Prerequisite: Piggy Bank restored; Profile updated: Howard drinks Libertine cocktails)
- Examine Back of the Pass. (Result: Gianni's Note)
- Interrogate Gianni Domani about his accusation against the victim. (Prerequisite: Gianni's Note unraveled; Profile updated: Gianni smokes Laval cigarettes)
- Investigate Terrace Tables. (All tasks before must be done first; Clues: Flamme Magazine, Trash Can)
- Examine Flamme Magazine. (Result: Greasy Substance)
- Analyze Greasy Substance. (09:00:00; Attribute: The killer has a tattoo)
- Examine Trash Can. (Result: Silenced Pistol)
- Analyze Silenced Pistol. (15:00:00; Murder Weapon registered: Silenced Pistol; Attribute: The killer wears glasses)
- Take care of the killer now!
- Go to An American Cop in Paris (2/5). (No stars)
An American Cop in Paris (2/5)
- Ask how we can help Martine Meunier. (Available after unlocking An American Cop in Paris; Reward: Parisian Outfit)
- Investigate Victim's Office. (Prerequisite: Martine interrogated; Clue: Juliette's Tablet)
- Examine Juliette's Tablet. (Result: Unlocked Tablet)
- Analyze Unlocked Tablet. (09:00:00)
- Give the unlocked tablet to Martine Meunier. (Prerequisite: Unlocked Tablet analyzed; Reward: Burger)
- Investigate Terrace Tables. (Prerequisite: Martine interrogated; Clue: Faded Reservation List)
- Examine Faded Reservation List. (Result: Reservation List)
- Learn about Eleonora Macaron's connection to Juliette. (Prerequisite: Reservation List unraveled)
- See what's worrying Hugo. (Available after unlocking An American Cop in Paris)
- Investigate Bistro Terrace. (Prerequisite: Hugo interrogated; Clue: Torn Documents)
- Examine Torn Documents. (Result: Divorce Papers)
- Analyze Divorce Papers. (06:00:00)
- Give the divorce papers to Clémentine. (Prerequisite: Divorce Papers analyzed; Reward: 20,000 Coins)
- Move on to a new crime! (1 star)
- The third crime scene is a subtle nod to the lobby of Pretty Simple's headquarters.
- Concordia Pils is a reference to Concordia.
- In the "Reception Desk" crime scene, a portrait of Medusa can be seen.
- In An American Cop in Paris, the Homo homini lupus is mentioned.