As a homicide detective, the player will come across many items of interest throughout the cases which may need to be shipped to an individual member of the lab personnel for analysis.
The analysis may take as long as 5 seconds, 2 minutes, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, 3 hours, 6 hours, 9 hours, 12 or even 15 hours. For autopsies, The Death of Rosa Wolf, Welcome to Pacific Bay, The Murder of Amanda Love, The Murder of Mrs Stanbury and The Dead and the Beautiful require only 5 seconds while Corpse in a Garden, Shark Attack!, God Save the Prince, Welcome to Concordia! and Snake in the Grass require 25 minutes. All other cases require 18 hours for primary autopsy jobs with the exception of Behind These Walls, which requires 12 hours. However, all sorts of autopsies and analyses can be done immediately if Instant Analysis is bought.
Once the analysis is over and the player clicks on "View Results", a short cutscene will play in which the analyst will give important information to the player, which may lead the team to events such as interrogating (as well as bringing in new) suspects, discovering certain attributes of the killer, further inspecting the clue in hand via forensic examination, etc.
There are different sets of lab personnel for each police department featured in the game. The Grimsborough Police Department consists of ten lab technicians (three in Season 1 and seven in Season 5), the Pacific Bay Police Department consists of four, The Bureau, the Concordian Flying Squad, and the Temporal Crimes Division consist of six each, and the Supernatural Hunters consists of five, as shown below:
|Position||Grimsborough PD||Pacific Bay PD||The Bureau||Concordian Flying Squad||Temporal Crimes Division||Supernatural Hunters|
|Coroner / Medic||Season 1:|
|Roxie Sparks||Angela Douglas / Grace Delaney[a]||Richard Wells||Janis Rivers||Ben Shepherd|
|Forensic Expert / Lab Chief / Chemist||Season 1:|
Rupert Winchester / Amir Devani[b]
|Yann Toussaint||Lars Douglas||Viola Pemberton||Theodore Moon||Priya Desai|
|Tech Expert||Season 1:|
Cathy Turner / Alex Turner[c]
|Hannah Choi||Elliot Clayton / Ingrid Bjorn[d]||Kai Malano||Hope Newman|
|Russell Crane||Marina Romanova||Marina Romanova|
|Historian||Armand Dupont||Orlando Ordelaffi|
|Field/Weapons Expert||Season 5:|
|Jonah Karam||Rose Zhao||Jacob Arrow|
|Diego del Lobo|
|Lab Assistant||Season 5:|
|Historian Assistant||Penelope Sage|
|Lore Expert||Felix Reed|
|Zara Tien / Jack Archer[g]||Luke Fernandez|
- ↑ Grace replaces Angela as the coroner (see: Ice Rage) after the latter is jailed (see: In Plain Sight).
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Amir gets promoted (see: A Rock and a Hard Place) to lab chief from lab assistant after Rupert dies (see: Things Fall Apart).
- ↑ Alex only performs technical analyses if Cathy is unavailable.
- ↑ Ingrid takes over on one occasion where Elliot was unavailable.
- ↑ Mainly a chief, performs analyses on weapons whenever necessary.
- ↑ Although not part of the police, Jasper analyzes astrogeology-related evidence occasionally.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Mainly partners, take necessary samples to expert suspects on the field.
- ↑ Although not part of the supernatural hunters, George helps the team analyze evidence which they are not equipped to analyze.
- In Elite Mode and Collection Mode, autopsies and analyses take twice as long as in the original mode to complete.
Grimsborough Police Department
Pacific Bay Police Department
Concordian Flying Squad
Temporal Crimes Division
|V • T • EGameplay in Criminal Case|