- "Jacob" and "Jake" redirect here. For other uses of "Jacob", see Jacob (disambiguation). For the engineering company owner, see Jake Hayes. For the oil drill worker, see Jake Drill.
|“||No point in sitting around! Go out there and get the job done!||„|
55 years of age, Jacob has brown eyes, shaggy, graying brown hair, a thick beard and a mustache. He sports a X-shaped scar on his left cheek and wrinkles across his forehead and under his eyes. He wears a maroon, buttoned-up shirt under a black overt vest with a black pistol holstered inside.
Jacob and Ben formed the Supernatural Hunters 25 years ago after a vampire killed Jacob's wife, Lily. After years of fighting alone, he was forced to recruit the team after he lost his left arm. He is rough and grizzled, and while he can be ruthless, he respects supernatural beings who live peacefully with humans. He also enjoys fishing and DIY.
Events of Criminal Case
Meeting Chief Arrow
In Washington State, USA, 2019, Chief Arrow greeted the player and introduced them to the Supernatural Hunters. Before he could properly introduce them to the rest of the team, Chief Arrow sent the player and Gwen to a Seattle cemetery after reports of a vampire attack.
After arresting Dr Aculus' killer, Luke and the player found the recipe for the vampire elixir of invincibility (per Felix) amongst Eric's belongings. After Luke burned the recipe, he and the player updated Chief Arrow. Chief Arrow told the team that if there was even a chance that Dr Aculus had left some mention of the elixir in writing at his mansion, they needed to find it and destroy it.
After Chief Arrow took over from Luke as the player's partner, they searched Dr Aculus' bedroom to see if there was anything related to the elixir. There, they found a key with Chief Arrow's name on it. Per Hope, the key unlocked a safety deposit box at Débit Suisse. At the bank, Chief Arrow and the player found a letter from Dr Aculus addressed to the chief. The letter revealed that Dr Aculus' sources in the Southwest had informed him of a malevolent force that was sapping the life of the livestock and the land. This prompted the team to head to the Southwest.
After arresting Rainee Day's killer, Felix and the player asked Ben about Chief Arrow's foul mood, which had started ever since they arrived in Saguaro, Arizona. Ben informed them that Chief Arrow had honeymooned there with his late wife and suggested that they helped remind him of the good times.
After they found Chief Arrow's wedding cake figurine, Felix and the player brought it to him. He reminisced about his wedding being the happiest day of his life and thanked the player for restoring one of his happiest memories. He then rewarded the player.
As a weapons aficionado, Jacob has the responsibility of taking care of necessary ballistic analyses, and to inform the team of such results after a certain amount of time or a speed-up process using Criminal Case Cash. His task-wait rates vary depending on the difficulty of the task, but they all cost 1 Criminal Case Cash per 30 minutes.
Below is the list of analyses Jacob performs throughout the course of the game:
Case #4: Hour of the Wolf
- Handgun (15:00:00)
As the Chief of the Supernatural Hunters, Jacob requires reports from three different "teammates" (friends who play Criminal Case and are recruited to the player's team) before he can let the player advance to the next case of Supernatural Investigations. Besides that, he notifies the player each time they level up in the season.
Also, the player may choose Jacob to join the investigation of each crime scene (in any case in Supernatural Investigations) and provide hint bonuses. He is available as a 5-hint partner. (This feature is only available in the mobile variant of Criminal Case)
- Chief Arrow is one of the characters to appear as a quasi-suspect twice.
- He is also the only character to appear as a quasi-suspect in two consecutive cases in Supernatural Investigations.
- Chief Arrow, Ingrid Bjorn, Diego del Lobo, Alex Turner, Jasper Everett, Zara Tien and Jack Archer are the only characters in the game to perform lab analyses without actually being an official lab technician of the police.
- Blood Lust (Case #1 of Supernatural Investigations)
- One Bigfoot in the Grave (Case #2 of Supernatural Investigations)
- The Curse of Black Ridge (Case #3 of Supernatural Investigations)
- Hour of the Wolf (Case #4 of Supernatural Investigations)
- Immortal Combat (Case #5 of Supernatural Investigations)
- Bad Vibes (Case #6 of Supernatural Investigations)
- Gut Out (Case #7 of Supernatural Investigations)
- Hashtag Murder (Case #8 of Supernatural Investigations)
- Mad World (Case #9 of Supernatural Investigations)