- This article is about the Parisian police officer and main character in Season 8. For the Jazz Town resident, see Hugo Mercier.
|“||I'm sure we're going to have plenty of time to get to know each other intimately, but for now, we have a murder to solve!||„|
43 years of age, Hugo has blue eyes, short, quaffed brown hair, a moustache and a beard. He wears a white dinner shirt with the top button undone under a red diagonal pinstripe suit jacket with a white handkerchief in the left breast pocket, as well a pair of black dress pants and a brown belt.
Events of Criminal Case
After being introduced to Carrie by Chief Delacroix, the player, alongside Carrie, met Hugo after Chief Delacroix dispatched them to him. He informed them that they had a murder to solve, revealing that a famous top model had dropped dead on Pont Alexandre III in the middle of a Chior fashion shoot.
After arresting Sébastien Lefebvre's killer, Hugo informed Carrie and the player that the woman he was divorcing was Judge Lebrun. He revealed that he had lost the divorce papers that he was supposed to fill out and deliver to her that day and asked for their help in finding them. After finding the papers at the Arc de Triomphe, Hugo and the player consulted with High Commissioner Delacroix, who had gone through his own divorce. He told Hugo that finalizing the divorce was the hardest part and revealed that he had felt free after it. He then reminded Hugo that Paris was full of beautiful women and said that in a marriage, if one person was not happy about being together, then neither of them would be happy.
After receiving High Commissioner Delacroix's advice, Hugo and the player delivered the divorce papers to Judge Lebrun. She told Hugo that she was pleasantly surprised that he had gotten the papers together in time and said that the divorce did not have to end their relationship, suggesting that there was space for them to be friends. They then told each other that they would see each other in court.
The player may choose Hugo to join the investigation of each crime scene (in any City of Romance cases where he teams up with the player) and provide hint bonuses. He is available as a 1-hint partner.
- The Murder of Emilie Bouton (Criminal Case: City of Romance-exclusive)
- Corpse Chic (Case #1 of City of Romance)
- Murder à la Mode (Case #2 of City of Romance)
- Making the Cut (Case #3 of City of Romance)
- Party Like It's 1699 (Case #4 of City of Romance)
- Death by Design (Case #5 of City of Romance)
- The Show Must Go On (Case #6 of City of Romance; mentioned)
- Beastly Behavior (Case #7 of City of Romance)
- Dressed to Be Killed (Case #8 of City of Romance)
- Juggling With Death (Case #10 of City of Romance)
- A Priceless Murder (Case #11 of City of Romance)
- Inglorious Batard (Case #12 of City of Romance)
- Queen of Hearts (Case #13 of City of Romance)
- Out with a Bang (Case #14 of City of Romance)
- Slay it with Flowers (Case #15 of City of Romance)
- Early Checkout (Case #16 of City of Romance)
- It All Comes to a Head (Case #17 of City of Romance)