Gwen and the player entered the Hocus Pocus Museum in Salem, a museum of witches and witchcraft which was also the old mansion of mysterious demon Rathimael, to gain more information on him. There, they found witch Agnes Leek hanged to death on the gallows display with her tongue cut off.
After flagging Gwen's mother, supernatural hunter Dolores Harper, (who had brought along Gwen's sister Tilly) as a suspect in the investigation, the team had to save young witch Avery Mitchell, who was being hunted down by Dolores. Later, the ghost of Agnes possessed Gwen so she could tell the player to find her killer or she would haunt them forever. The team then found enough evidence to arrest museum actor Joseph Hardcastle for the murder.
Joseph said that his ancestor, Gregory Hardcastle, was an inquisitor during the witch trials who was cursed to die by the age of 65 by one of the witches he had sentenced to death. Since then, all his descendants had died by a tragic accident on their 65th birthday. Discovering through his research that the witch was Petunia Leek, Agnes' ancestor, Joseph killed Agnes in order to break Petunia's curse so he could live past 65. The team then handed him to the proper authorities.
Post-trial, Felix and the player found a ring, which (per Felix's analysis) was forged by a demon. Arthur Darkwood confirmed that Rathimael had been wearing the ring long before his death. He also pointed out that an inscription had recently been placed on the ring, but was only visible with the Eye of Sparron which was on display in the Smithsonian Museum in Washington D.C.
Meanwhile, Dolores told Gwen that Tilly had disappeared. The team eventually found out she was running away, and was able to stop her in the train station before she could leave Salem. Tilly then told her mother that she hated being around her and that she wanted to live with her sister instead. After Dolores exasperatedly allowed her daughters to live together, Gwen helped Tilly send a postcard to her Wiccan friend.
After all the events, Felix informed the team that Rathimael's ring had been stolen. The team then discovered that Hope was the ring thief. They then stopped her from running away from the camper, ordering her to give back the ring. Hope then returned the ring but quit the team. Bewildered by the events but unable to chase after Hope, the team decided to leave for the Smithsonian Museum in Washington D.C. to get the Eye of Sparron.
- Agnes Leek (hanged by a rope in the witch museum)
- Joseph Hardcastle
- The killer owns a black cat.
- The killer eats clam chowder.
- The killer has watched The Crucible.
- The killer is a male.
- The killer wears a tie.
- Investigate Hocus Pocus Museum. (Clues: Desk Sign, Metal Pieces, Victim's Body; Murder Weapon registered: Rope; Victim identified: Agnes Leek)
- Examine Desk Sign. (Result: Receptionist's Name; New Suspect: Janie Sanders)
- Ask Janie Sanders if she saw anything related to the murder. (Prerequisite: Receptionist's Name decoded; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Museum Attic)
- Investigate Museum Attic. (Prerequisite: Janie interrogated; Clues: Witch Trial Photo, Museum Chest)
- Examine Witch Trial Photo. (New Suspect: Joseph Hardcastle)
- Ask Joseph Hardcastle about the victim. (Prerequisite: Joseph Hardcastle identified)
- Examine Museum Chest. (Result: Victim's Necklace)
- Analyze Victim's Necklace. (03:00:00; Attribute: The killer eats clam chowder)
- Examine Metal Pieces. (Result: Dagger; New Suspect: Dolores Harper)
- Find out what Gwen's mom is doing at the museum. (Prerequisite: Dagger restored)
- Autopsy Victim's Body. (18:00:00; Attribute: The killer owns a black cat)
- Go to Chapter 2. (1 star)
- Investigate Salem Street. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2; Clues: Mojo Bag, Napkin; New Suspect: Avery Mitchell)
- Examine Mojo Bag. (Result: Miniature Scroll [Threat])
- Analyze Threat. (12:00:00; Attribute: The killer has watched The Crucible; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Attic Window; Profile updated: Dolores has watched The Crucible)
- Investigate Attic Window. (Prerequisite: Threat analyzed; Clues: Victim's Phone, Gift Box)
- Examine Victim's Phone. (Result: Unlocked iGran)
- Analyze Unlocked iGran. (12:00:00)
- Ask Gwen's mom if she's a witch. (Prerequisite: Unlocked iGran analyzed; Profile updated: Dolores owns a black cat and eats clam chowder)
- Examine Gift Box. (Result: Open Gift Box [Gift Box Lid])
- Examine Gift Box Lid. (Result: Gift Inscription)
- Confront Janie about her weird hair gift to the victim. (Prerequisite: Gift Inscription unraveled; Profile updated: Janie eats clam chowder)
- Examine Napkin. (Result: Fibers)
- Examine Fibers. (Result: Werewolf Fur; New Suspect: Zander Stark)
- Get answers from Zander Stark about his "Killer Ideas" list. (Prerequisite: Werewolf Fur identified under microscope; Profile updated: Zander owns a black cat)
- See what Avery's doing in Salem. (Prerequisite: Salem Street investigated; Profile updated: Avery owns a black cat)
- Go to Chapter 3. (1 star)
- Investigate Historical Exhibit. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; Clues: Museum Computer, Parchment, Broken Clay)
- Examine Museum Computer. (Result: Computer)
- Analyze Computer. (09:00:00)
- Find out why Joseph Hardcastle wanted Agnes banned from the museum. (Prerequisite: Computer analyzed; Profile updated: Joseph owns a black cat, eats clam chowder and has watched The Crucible)
- Examine Parchment. (Result: Parchment Text)
- Confront Avery about the curse she put on Agnes. (Prerequisite: Parchment Text unraveled; Profile updated: Avery has watched The Crucible)
- Examine Broken Clay. (Result: Werewolf Toy)
- Ask Zander if he knows anything about the wolf sculpture. (Prerequisite: Werewolf Toy restored; Profile updated: Zander eats clam chowder and has watched The Crucible)
- Investigate Cobblestones. (All tasks before must be done first; Clues: Crucible DVD, Garbage Can)
- Examine Crucible DVD. (Result: Skin Cells)
- Analyze Skin Cells. (15:00:00; Attribute: The killer is a male)
- Examine Garbage Can. (Result: Severed Tongue)
- Analyze Severed Tongue. (09:00:00; Attribute: The killer wears a tie)
- Take care of the killer now!
- Go to The Keys to the Kingdom (3/5). (No stars)
The Keys to the Kingdom (3/5)
- Find out what Gwen's mom wants. (Available after unlocking The Keys to the Kingdom; Reward: 20,000 Coins)
- Investigate Hocus Pocus Museum. (Prerequisite: Dolores interrogated; Clue: Tilly's Bag)
- Examine Tilly's Bag. (Result: Hotel Booking)
- Analyze Hotel Booking. (06:00:00)
- Find out why Tilly wanted to run away. (Prerequisite: Hotel Booking analyzed; Reward: Burger)
- Investigate Salem Street. (Prerequisite: Tilly interrogated; Clue: Torn Up Postcard)
- Examine Torn Up Postcard. (Result: Tilly's Postcard)
- Investigate Museum Attic. (Available after unlocking The Keys to the Kingdom; Clue: Gargoyle Statue)
- Examine Gargoyle Statue. (Result: Ring in Box)
- Analyze Ring in Box. (06:00:00)
- Get answers about the demon ring from Arthur Darkwood. (Prerequisite: Ring in Box analyzed; Reward: Angry Witch)
- Examine Ring Box. (All tasks before must be done first; Result: Flakes)
- Analyze Flakes. (06:00:00)
- Move on to a new crime! (1 star)
- The case title is based on the same word that is often used by a person who performs magic tricks.
- It is also a reference to a 1993 American dark fantasy comedy horror film of the same name.
- In Chapter 3, English actor Laurence Oliver and a quote from Sonnet 70 are mentioned.
- The Crucible is a reference to the 1996 American historical drama film of the same name.