|“||I'd better wash off these ghoul entrails before my date tonight!||„|
Gwendolyn "Gwen" Harper is a main character appearing in Season 7 of Criminal Case, where she serves as a partner to the player throughout the season as the Hunting Partner of the Supernatural Hunters.
- 1 Profile
- 2 Events of Criminal Case
- 3 Gameplay
- 4 Trivia
- 5 Case appearances
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Navigation
28 years of age, Gwen has green eyes and long, wavy ginger hair which has been shaved at the right side of her head. She wears a blue shirt under an olive green jacket with a high white collar and gray clips, as well a pair of tight black-grey pants. She sports a yellow angry emoji badge on the left side of her collar, as well as a white hole earring in her right earlobe and freckles across her face and chest.
Despite coming from a family of supernatural hunters, Gwen does not share her family's views on them. She is down-to-earth, cheerful, and confident, but serially unlucky in love. It is known that Gwen enjoys chick flicks and winter sports. Furthermore, Gwen shares an RV with Hope and has a fear of spiders.
In her second and third quasi-suspect appearances, Gwen's hair is seen disheveled and she sports bags under her eyes.
In her suspect appearance in The Hunted Hunter, it is known that Gwen eats gator fritters, writes songs and has dry eyes.
Events of Criminal Case
- Main article: Supernatural Investigations
After arresting Lucy Winters's killer, Gwen told the player that she had developed a crush on someone she saw during their investigation. After finding her crush's badge at the crypt club, they learned (per Ben) that suspected vampire Roxanne Vega had come into contact with the badge, leading Gwen to ask Roxanne if she was dating her crush. Roxanne scoffed and identified Gwen's crush as Pierce Cromwell, before agreeing to set them up on a date.
Later, Gwen and the player went to the cemetery to meet Pierce. After Gwen found an orchid that he had left for her, Pierce appeared and took Gwen on their date. Gwen later reported to the team that Pierce was everything she had dreamed of.
After arresting a bigfoot's killer, Gwen and the player continued the search for missing teenager Mina Reynolds. Their search brought them before vampire Fabien de la Mort. After denying being part of the kidnapping, Fabien brought up Pierce, telling Gwen that Pierce would talk about her when they met at gatherings at US vampire coven leader Dr Aculus' mansion. This led Gwen to realize that Pierce was a vampire. Soon after, Gwen dumped Pierce.
Mid-investigation, vampire Bathsheba approached the team and savagely bit Gwen. After Gwen brandished a wooden stake at her attacker, Pierce pleaded with Gwen and promised that he would keep Bathsheba under control. Ben put Gwen on bed rest, telling the team that she had not been turned into a vampire. Luke assumed the role of the player's partner.
After arresting Dr Aculus' killer, Pierce asked for a dance back at the mansion. After Gwen (per Priya) found a suitable dress, she joined Pierce for a dance. However, when he saw her blood, he tried to bite her. Gwen brushed him off and explained that she would never feel safe around him. Reluctantly, Pierce admitted that she was right and told her to take care of herself, officially breaking their relationship off.
During the investigation, Gwen met gold magnate Justine Bankston. Flirting throughout their interrogations, Justine asked Gwen out on a date after the investigation was over. Gwen accepted her offer. At the end of the investigation, Gwen came back from her date and told the team that she was sure that their relationship would work out.
After discovering the identity of R.J. Fielding's killer, Gwen and the player interrogated Justine about her summoning a demon with Fielding, copper magnate Jesse Adams, and three other people six years prior, resulting in the murder of Abigail Riley. She told Gwen that she regretted her actions and revealed that they had summoned the demon after getting a spellbook from a self-proclaimed witch. Gwen then broke up with Justine, wishing her well for the future.
After Felix was shot, Ben revealed that Gwen had been complaining about really bad nightmares. She told the player that she had had a nightmare where she saw demons coming after her. The moment she felt the demons' fingers touch her skin, she woke up. Gwen then assumed the role as the player's partner for the remainder of the investigation.
In Clarksville, Iowa, Chief Arrow informed the team that Gwen had been bedbound thanks to her headaches and nightmares. However, after Luke drank coven leader Morgana Blackhawk's love potion, he fell in love with Fabien, which meant that Gwen had to take over the case.
After arresting Sharon Decker's killer, Gwen collapsed in front of the player. After Chief Arrow tried to help Gwen, demon Arthur Darkwood appeared and told the team that he was the only one that could help Gwen. After Gwen woke up, Arthur informed her that a demon was attacking her mind and scouring her thoughts. When Gwen told him about her visions, Arthur explained the meaning behind them, revealing that there had been a demon civil war. Arthur's side, the demon rebels, succeeded in defeating and imprisoning the demon queen. He explained that Gwen was being attacked because she had looked a demon in the eye, making her wonder who she had looked in the eye. Arthur then told her that it was imperative that she shielded her mind. When Gwen told him that there was a witch's spell that could protect them, Arthur warned the team to be cautious when dealing with the witches as he had heard rumors that they were kidnapping children. Gwen then had Hope accompany the player in looking into the disappearance of Marley Evans.
After arresting Belinda's killer, witch Agnes Leek told Luke and the player that they had passed her quest and told them that they could have her spell if they found its final ingredient: the extract of the False Deathcup mushroom. After Luke and the player found the mushrooms, they sent them to Priya and Agnes to conjure up the spell. They slipped the concoction in a matcha latte and gave it to Gwen, absolving the demons from her minds.
During the investigation, Gwen's mother, supernatural hunter Dolores Harper, became a suspect after the team found Dolores' dagger near Agnes' body. Dolores was accompanied by Gwen's younger sister, Tilly Harper, who was happy to see Gwen.
After arresting Agnes Leek's killer, Dolores informed Gwen that Tilly had disappeared from the museum. Gwen and the player discovered (per Hope) that Tilly had made a hotel booking and was at the train station. Gwen and the player stopped Tilly from running away and learned that she had run away to get away from Dolores' control. Reluctantly, Dolores allowed Tilly to live with Gwen, who helped Tilly send a postcard to her friend.
In a shocking turn of events, Gwen became a suspect in her mother's murder after Luke and the player found her by Dolores' body. After Gwen asked Luke and the player if they had found any clues, Luke informed her that she was a suspect and that they could not discuss the details of the case with her. Gwen claimed that she was at the swamp because she had been looking for Chief Arrow. Instead, she had found her mother's body, which meant that they would never get the chance to reconcile. Gwen then gave Luke and the player permission to search her RV before excusing herself to inform Tilly about their mother's death.
Gwen was spoken to again about an old torn family photo of her and Dolores. She revealed that Dolores had come by her RV, claiming that she wanted to talk to Tilly. Gwen kicked Dolores out, prompting Dolores to rip up the photo. Gwen admitted that she had felt guilty about kicking her mother out, so she agreed to meet up with Dolores at the truck stop for a bite to eat.
Mid-investigation, Tilly informed Luke and the player that Gwen was fighting with Bathsheba in the swamp. When Luke tried to defuse the situation, Gwen revealed that she did not trust Bathsheba. In response, Bathsheba ran away to hide deeper in the swamp, calling Gwen "scary", forcing Gwen to contemplate her actions.
Gwen was found to be innocent after the team incarcerated Morgana Blackhawk for Dolores' murder. Later, Tilly and the player found Dolores' diary, in which Dolores wrote about her inner struggle with being a witch and her wondering if Gwen would ever forgive her. They gave Gwen the diary, who broke down in tears upon reading it. After realizing that her mother really did care about her, Gwen suggested that they got a burger so that she could tell Tilly stories about their mother.
Later, Gwen and the player revisited the swamp so that Gwen could say goodbye to her mother. At the swamp, Pierce arrived and confessed that he was still in love with Gwen. Gwen and Pierce kissed and reunited.
- Main article: City of Romance
The player may choose Gwen to join the investigation of each crime scene (in any Supernatural Investigations cases where she teams up with the player) and provide hint bonuses. She is available as a 1-hint partner.
- Gwen is one of the main characters to be flagged as a suspect in a case.
- Gwen is one of the characters to appear as a quasi-suspect thrice.
- Gwen is one of the characters who animate (or move) during at least one cutscene in the game.
- Gwen draws her back during her dance with Pierce, making her one of the few characters to do such at one point in a cutscene.
- Gwen is one of the characters to physically appear in two seasons of the game.
- Blood Lust (Case #1 of Supernatural Investigations)
- One Bigfoot in the Grave (Case #2 of Supernatural Investigations)
- The Curse of Black Ridge (Case #3 of Supernatural Investigations)
- Hour of the Wolf (Case #4 of Supernatural Investigations)
- Immortal Combat (Case #5 of Supernatural Investigations)
- Bad Vibes (Case #6 of Supernatural Investigations)
- Gut Out (Case #7 of Supernatural Investigations)
- Hashtag Murder (Case #8 of Supernatural Investigations)
- Mad World (Case #9 of Supernatural Investigations)
- The Ghost of Murders Past (Case #10 of Supernatural Investigations)
- A One-Wolf Open Slay (Case #11 of Supernatural Investigations)
- Dead Heat (Case #12 of Supernatural Investigations)
- Weirder Stuff (Case #13 of Supernatural Investigations)
- The Tree of Death (Case #15 of Supernatural Investigations)
- This American Death (Case #16 of Supernatural Investigations)
- Don't Die over Spilled Milk (Case #17 of Supernatural Investigations)
- Over the Edge (Case #18 of Supernatural Investigations)
- A Murder of Crows (Case #19 of Supernatural Investigations; mentioned)
- Scry for Help (Case #20 of Supernatural Investigations)
- No Leg to Stand On (Case #21 of Supernatural Investigations)
- Niagara Fallen (Case #22 of Supernatural Investigations)
- Hocus Pocus (Case #23 of Supernatural Investigations)
- Scarab to Death (Case #24 of Supernatural Investigations)
- The Third Degree (Case #25 of Supernatural Investigations)
- Death at a Funeral (Case #26 of Supernatural Investigations)
- To the Lighthouse (Case #27 of Supernatural Investigations)
- The Hunted Hunter (Case #28 of Supernatural Investigations)
- Divided We Fall (Case #29 of Supernatural Investigations)
- To Hell and Back (Case #30 of Supernatural Investigations)