Dressed to Be Killed is a case featured in Criminal Case as the eighth case of City of Romance (Season 8) and the three-hundred sixtieth case overall. It takes place in the Attraction district of Paris.
Mid-investigation, the team had to go to the Paradis Perdu bar to subdue a pink panther that was accidentally let loose from the Popotin Rouge. Animal trainer Rémi Roy clarified that it was being kept as a show animal and successfully tranquilized it. Later, Chief Delacroix and the team chased after High Commissioner Delacroix, who had gone to the Paradis Perdu to chat with bar owner Céleste Alouest so he could relive his days as a drag queen. The team then found enough evidence to arrest greengrocer Didier Soucy for the murder.
Didier admitted that he had convinced Justine to dress as the main character Désirée from the pornographic comic book Zizi dans le Métro by offering her 1,000 euros. However, she refused to put on the headband, which infuriated him, who believed that it was the most important aspect of the costume. Didier then held her down by the neck to get her to stay still while he put on the headband, but he accidentally ended up killing her in the process. Judge Lebrun sentenced him to 20 years in prison with mandatory psychological counseling.
Post-trial, Léa told the team she had done some reconnaissance near Voyeur during the murder investigation and witnessed people talking with the owner, Fabrice Dufort, only to leave carrying a box with air holes. The team then found a spanking paddle outside Voyeur, which (per Nadia) was contaminated with baby cheetah food. Upon interrogation, Fabrice admitted to being a middleman for the operation but said he wanted out. He then asked them to make a drop off of a briefcase at the Charles de Gaulle airport for him so he could cut ties while the team could make contact with the smugglers. The team then found the money-filled briefcase Fabrice was supposed to deliver and held onto it.
Meanwhile, after an elaborate setup involving Céleste and High Commissioner Delacroix, and with the player's help, Carrie eventually ended up going on a date with Enzo. However, she quickly ended the date after getting annoyed at Enzo's self-absorbed behavior. After all the events transpired, the team prepared for the briefcase drop-off at the airport the following night.
- Justine Collier (found strangled at a peep show)
- Didier Soucy
- The killer uses lubricant.
- The killer reads Zizi dans le Métro.
- The killer inhales amyl poppers.
- The killer has green eyes.
- The killer wears fake leather.
- Investigate Peep Show Booths. (Clues: Torn Cover, Victim's Body; Victim identified: Justine Collier; New Suspect: Amélie Brassière)
- Examine Torn Cover. (Result: Comic Cover)
- Analyze Comic Cover. (03:00:00; Attribute: The killer reads Zizi dans le Métro)
- Talk to Amélie Brassière about the murder. (Prerequisite: Peep Show Booths investigated; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Sex Shop Street)
- Investigate Sex Shop Street. (Prerequisite: Amélie interrogated; Clues: Glittery Handbag, Locked Crate)
- Examine Glittery Handbag. (Result: Photo of Woman)
- Examine Photo of Woman. (New Suspect: Céleste Alouest)
- See if Céleste Alouest knew the victim. (Prerequisite: Céleste identified)
- Examine Locked Crate. (Result: Open Veggie Crate; New Suspect: Didier Soucy)
- Ask Didier Soucy about the crime scene. (Prerequisite: Open Veggie Crate unlocked)
- Autopsy Victim's Body. (18:00:00; Murder Weapon registered: Strangled; Attribute: The killer uses lubricant)
- Go to Chapter 2. (1 star)
- Investigate Lounge Bar. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2; Clues: Headband, Dirty Dish Basin, Faded Poster)
- Examine Headband. (Result: Oily Substance)
- Analyze Oily Substance. (12:00:00; Attribute: The killer takes inhales amyl poppers; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Peep Show Waiting Area)
- Investigate Peep Show Waiting Area. (Prerequisite: Oily Substance analyzed; Clues: Suitcase, Tube of Lube)
- Examine Suitcase. (Result: Handwritten Note)
- Analyze Handwritten Note. (12:00:00)
- Confront Amélie Brassière about kicking the victim out. (Prerequisite: Handwritten Note analyzed; Profile updated: Amélie uses lubricant and reads Zizi dans le Métro)
- Examine Tube of Lube. (Result: White Crystals)
- Examine White Crystals. (Result: Ketamine; New Suspect: Rémi Roy)
- Ask Rémi Roy about the ketamine at the crime scene. (Prerequisite: Ketamine identified under microscope; Profile updated: Rémi uses lubricant)
- Examine Dirty Dish Basin. (Result: Metro Pass; New Suspect: Fabrice Dufort)
- Talk to Fabrice Dufort about the victim. (Prerequisite: Metro Pass found; Profile updated: Fabrice reads Zizi dans le Métro)
- Examine Faded Poster. (Result: Threat from Céleste)
- Ask Céleste Alouest about her threat to the victim. (Prerequisite: Threat from Céleste unraveled; Profile updated: Céleste uses lubricant and reads Zizi dans le Métro)
- Go to Chapter 3. (1 star)
- Investigate Bar Tables. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; Clues: DVD Case, Locked Phone, Broken Serving Tray)
- Examine DVD Case. (Result: Codes)
- Analyze Codes. (09:00:00)
- Question Didier Soucy about the DVD he rented from Voyeur. (Prerequisite: Codes analyzed; Profile updated: Didier uses lubricant, reads Zizi dans le Métro and inhales amyl poppers)
- Examine Locked Phone. (Result: Victim's Phone)
- Question Fabrice Dufort about flirting with the victim. (Prerequisite: Victim's Phone unlocked)
- Examine Broken Serving Tray. (Result: Drink Tray)
- Interrogate Rémi Roy about the victim's drug use. (Prerequisite: Drink Tray restored; Profiles updated: Rémi inhales amyl poppers, Céleste inhales amyl poppers, Amélie inhales amyl poppers)
- Investigate Pigalle Crosswalk. (All tasks above must be completed; Clues: Potted Shrub, Battered Comics)
- Examine Potted Shrub. (Result: Poppers Bottle)
- Analyze Poppers Bottle. (15:00:00; Attribute: The killer has green eyes)
- Examine Battered Comics. (Result: Black Bits)
- Analyze Black Bits. (09:00:00; Attribute: The killer wears fake leather)
- Take care of the killer now!
- Go to Walk on the Wild Side (3/5). (No stars)
Walk on the Wild Side (3/5)
- Talk to Léa Bonnet about animal smuggling at Voyeur. (Available after unlocking Walk on the Wild Side; Reward: 20,000 Coins)
- Investigate Sex Shop Street. (Prerequisite: Léa interrogated; Clue: Spanking Paddle)
- Examine Spanking Paddle. (Result: Green Substance)
- Analyze Green Substance. (09:00:00)
- Confront Fabrice Dufort about the baby cheetah food. (Prerequisite: Green Substance analyzed; Reward: Burger)
- Investigate Peep Show Waiting Area. (Prerequisite: Fabrice interrogated; Clue: Metal Briefcase)
- Examine Metal Briefcase. (Result: Money & Note)
- See what Carrie needs. (Available after unlocking Walk on the Wild Side)
- Investigate Lounge Bar. (Prerequisite: Carrie interrogated; Clue: Faded Card)
- Examine Faded Card. (Result: Mysterious Card)
- Analyze Mysterious Card. (06:00:00)
- Meet Céleste Alouest at Paradis Perdu. (Prerequisite: Mysterious Card analyzed; Reward: Burlesque Mask)
- Move on to a new crime! (1 star)
- This case and Death by Design are thus far the only cases in City of Romance in which the murder weapon is an action.
- In the "Sex Shop Street" crime scene and in the cover of the second chapter, the logo of the DVD can be seen.
- Zizi dans le Métro takes its name from Zazie dans le Métro, a 1960 French film directed by Louis Malle, who based it on the novel by Raymond Queneau.
- Capucine, the pink panther featured in Chapter 2, is a nod to the Pink Panther, a fictional animated character featured in its eponymous series.