Corpse Chic is a case featured in Criminal Case as the three-hundred fifty-third case overall. It is the first case of City of Romance (Season 8) and also the first one to take place in the Fantasy district of Paris.
After Chief Delacroix welcomed the player and Carrie (loaned from the Los Angeles Police Department), he had them meet up with Hugo to investigate a high-profile murder. The three then went to Pont Alexandre III to collect the body of model Elise Marx, who had been poisoned.
Mid-investigation, High Commissioner Delacroix arrived at the station, arguing with Nadia over cinnamon-infused Paris-Brests from Café Le Froufrou. Because the autopsy had earlier revealed that the killer had eaten those pastries, Hugo and the player went to the café to investigate while Carrie stayed behind to finish her paperwork with the High Commissioner. Later, the victim's fans started a riot, which the team were able to peacefully disperse. The team then found enough evidence to arrest model Alexis Cardinot for the murder.
Alexis told the team that Elise used him as a sex toy, but their relationship turned abusive with Elise wanting to control everything in his life. When Alexis told her he did not want to be her sex toy anymore, Elise threatened to release humiliating photos of him online. Not wanting his image, career, and family ruined, Alexis laced Elise's perfume with rat poison to prevent her from posting the photos. Judge Lebrun then sentenced him to 27 years in prison for the murder.
Post-trial, Carrie told Chief Delacroix and the player that she had actually gone to Paris to find her long-lost brother, Cody, who had sent her a postcard from there. The team then helped her find the postcard, where he said was among the pigeons and rats of Paris. The Chief concluded that Cody had joined Antoine Macaron's gang of "Pigeons and Rats", but Macaron did not give them useful information, telling them he did not remember everyone under his employ.
Meanwhile, Enzo and the player went with Émile to get a photograph taken by photographer Lola du Maurier to use as his profile picture in a dating app. After all the events, with Carrie telling the rest of her team about her motives, the team then decided to take a break at Café Le Froufrou before continuing on.
- Elise Marx (found poisoned at a photoshoot on Pont Alexandre III)
- Toxic Perfume
- Alexis Cardinot
- The killer eats Paris-Brests.
- The killer reads Voltaire.
- The killer is allergic to dog fur.
- The killer wears a silk scarf.
- The killer has green eyes.
- Investigate Pont Alexandre III. (Clues: Torn Negatives, Strange Cat [Cat Collar], Victim's Body; Victim identified: Elise Marx)
- Examine Torn Negatives. (Result: Restored Negatives; New Suspect: Lola du Maurier)
- Ask Lola du Maurier if she witnessed the murder. (Prerequisite: Restored Negatives restored; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Place de la Concorde)
- Investigate Place de la Concorde. (Prerequisite: Lola interrogated; Clues: Chior Handbag, Victim's Phone)
- Examine Chior Handbag. (Result: Business Card; New Suspect: Kiki Kloss)
- Find out if Kiki Kloss saw the victim at Place de la Concorde. (Prerequisite: Business Card found)
- Examine Victim's Phone. (Result: Unlocked Phone)
- Analyze Unlocked Phone. (03:00:00; Attribute: The killer reads Voltaire)
- Examine Cat Collar. (Result: Owner's Name; New Suspect: Charles Pilsnerfeld)
- Question Charles Pilsnerfeld about the victim. (Prerequisite: Owner's Name decoded)
- Autopsy Victim's Body. (18:00:00; Attribute: The killer eats Paris-Brests)
- Go to Chapter 2. (1 star)
- Investigate Café Le Froufrou. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2; Clues: Pong Rat Poison, Arty Photo [Mystery Model], Bowl of Petits Fours)
- Examine Pong Rat Poison. (Result: Blue Powder)
- Analyze Blue Powder. (12:00:00; Attribute: The killer is allergic to dog fur; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Flower Stand)
- Investigate Flower Stand. (Prerequisite: Blue Powder analyzed; Clues: Flower Bouquet [Bouquet Tag], Broken Pieces)
- Examine Bouquet Tag. (Result: Mean Message)
- Analyze Mean Message. (12:00:00)
- Confront Kiki Kloss about her passive-aggressive message. (Prerequisite: Mean Message analyzed; Profile updated: Kiki eats Paris-Brests and is allergic to dog fur)
- Examine Broken Pieces. (Result: Brooch)
- Ask Lola du Maurier about her true relationship with the victim. (Prerequisite: Brooch restored; Profile updated: Lola eats Paris-Brests, reads Voltaire and is allergic to dog fur)
- Examine Mystery Model. (New Suspect: Alexis Cardinot)
- Find out more about the victim from Alexis Cardinot. (Prerequisite: Alexis Cardinot identified; Profile updated: Alexis eats Paris-Brests and reads Voltaire)
- Examine Bowl of Petits Fours. (Result: Ring; New Suspect: Antoine Macaron)
- Ask Antoine Macaron about the murder. (Prerequisite: Ring found; Profile updated: Antoine eats Paris-Brests)
- Go to Chapter 3. (No stars)
- Investigate Parisian Fountain. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; Clues: Security Camera, Torn Magazine, Notebook)
- Examine Security Camera. (Result: Camera Footage)
- Analyze Camera Footage. (09:00:00)
- Ask Charles Pilsnerfeld why he accused the victim of attempted murder. (Prerequisite: Camera Footage analyzed; Profile updated: Charles reads Voltaire)
- Examine Torn Magazine. (Result: Magazine Cover)
- Question Alexis Cardinot about the magazine cover. (Prerequisite: Magazine Cover restored; Profile updated: Alexis is allergic to dog fur)
- Examine Notebook. (Result: Gray Flakes)
- Examine Gray Flakes. (Result: Cigar Ash)
- Interrogate Antoine Macaron about his grudge against the victim. (Prerequisite: Cigar Ash identified under microscope; Profile updated: Antoine reads Voltaire and is allergic to dog fur)
- Investigate Café Tables. (All tasks before must be done first; Clues: Voltaire Novel, Victim's Coat)
- Examine Voltaire Novel. (Result: Fibers)
- Analyze Fibers. (15:00:00; Attribute: The killer wears a silk scarf)
- Examine Victim's Coat. (Result: Perfume Bottle)
- Analyze Perfume Bottle. (09:00:00; Murder Weapon registered: Toxic Perfume; Attribute: The killer has green eyes)
- Take care of the killer now!
- Go to An American Cop in Paris (1/5). (No stars)
An American Cop in Paris (1/5)
- Find out what Carrie wants. (Available after unlocking An American Cop in Paris; Reward: 20,000 Coins)
- Investigate Parisian Fountain. (Prerequisite: Carrie interrogated; Clue: Postcard from Cody)
- Examine Postcard from Cody. (Result: Postcard Message)
- Analyze Postcard Message. (09:00:00)
- Ask Antoine Macaron if he knows Carrie's brother. (Prerequisite: Postcard Message analyzed; Reward: Burger)
- Investigate Place de la Concorde. (Prerequisite: Antoine interrogated; Clue: Trash Can)
- Examine Trash Can. (Result: Baseball Cap)
- Persuade Lola du Maurier to take photos of Émile. (Available after unlocking An American Cop in Paris)
- Investigate Pont Alexandre III. (Prerequisite: Lola interrogated; Clue: Broken Flash)
- Examine Broken Flash. (Result: Restored Camera Flash)
- Analyze Restored Camera Flash. (06:00:00)
- Investigate Café Le Froufrou. (Prerequisite: Restored Camera Flash analyzed; Clue: Crate of Wine)
- Examine Crate of Wine. (Result: Open Crate)
- Meet Lola for Émile's photoshoot. (Prerequisite: Open Crate unlocked; Reward: Parisian Silk Scarf)
- Move on to a new crime! (1 star)
- Pretty Big Hair is a reference to Pretty Simple.