There are three different boosters and each of them require purchase with coins:
|Instant Magnifier||Instantly displays the preview of the hidden items in the crime scene. Not available for Differences and Puzzle bonus crime scenes.||500|
|5 Hints||Play the crime scene with 5 hints, no matter how many hints the player's partner has.||1500|
|x6 Combo Starter||Start the crime scene with a completely filled out combo bar.||3000|
Due to changes in gameplay in the Criminal Case: Travel in Time app, the boosters (now called helpers) and their prices have also changed:
|Shows item previews||Instantly displays the preview of the hidden items in the crime scene, which the player would not be able to see otherwise even if they wait. Not available for Differences and Puzzle bonus crime scenes.||1000|
|3 Hints||Play the crime scene with 3 hints.||2000|
|+15 seconds||Adds 15 seconds to the time allotted for the player to find all items in the list.||3000|
To buy and use boosters, the player must follow the steps below:
- The player will have to select a crime scene to investigate.
- In the partner selector screen, the player will have to add the boosters they want to use, by clicking on the "+" icon next to them.
- Note that if the player does not have enough coins, they can always purchase more using cash.
- The player can use several different boosters at the same time.
- The boosters are for instant use. The player cannot save them for later. For example, if the player buys three Instant Magnifier boosters simultaneously, one booster will be used for each of the next three crime scenes the player will play.
- This system changes in in Criminal Case: Travel in Time, where the player can only purchase one of each booster prior to investigating a crime scene.
- The player cannot buy more than 99 different boosters at a time.
- If a Happy Hour featuring the Unlimited 5-Hints Booster is active, then the 5 Hints booster cannot be purchased as the Happy Hour will be providing them for the time being.
- Likewise, if a Happy Hour featuring the Unlimited x6 Combo Booster is active, then the x6 Combo Starter booster cannot be purchased as the Happy Hour will be providing them for the time being.
- Use the Instant Magnifier booster at the beginning of a crime scene to learn where all the objects are.
- Use the 5 Hints and the x6 Combo Starter boosters to increase your score.
- The 5 Hints booster is better used when your partner has only a few hints.
- If you made a mistake when purchasing boosters, close the game before clicking on "Play!". When you reload the game, you will have both your energy and your coins back.
|V • T • EGameplay in Criminal Case|