Beastly Behavior is a case featured in Criminal Case as the seventh case of City of Romance (Season 8) and the three-hundred fifty-ninth case overall. It takes place in the Attraction district of Paris.
Carrie and the player headed to 81 Rue Cortot to look for proof about the Montmartre animal trafficking ring they discovered in the Popotin Rouge. The address led to an apartment, where Carrie and the player found the stabbed corpse of animal smuggler Jackson Peacock, who was recently released from prison after being incarcerated for his baby panda trafficking operations in Grimsborough.
Mid-investigation, Hugo discovered that the killer went to Café Oh La Vache, which was on the same street as the victim's apartment. Shortly after, Léa informed the team that caricaturist Laila Rangwalla had filed a complaint form against the victim. The team then found enough evidence to arrest stylist Kiki Kloss for the murder.
Admitting to the murder, Kiki said that Jackson, who became her sugar daddy, had offered her a marriage of convenience in exchange for providing for her financially, as he needed a conjugal visa to live and work in France. However, once his visa was accepted, Jackson divorced Kiki, citing that he had bribed the right people in the immigration department to avoid losing the visa. Humiliated, Kiki confronted Jackson, who mocked her and called her spoiled. In retaliation, she stabbed him in the heart with a dagger from her purse. Judge Lebrun sentenced her to 12 years in prison.
Post-trial, Carrie and the player returned to Jackson's apartment and found a sack with malnourished cheetah cubs. After having Nadia heal them, the team arranged with animal rights activist Harper Stone to deliver the cubs to a zoo to prepare them for release into the wild. Before leaving, Harper informed the team that Jackson frequented the peep shows at Le Voyeur in Pigalle. However, he never watched the dancers, sparking suspicion that shady deals were going on at the peep show.
Meanwhile, Enzo and the player helped Émile prepare for his new date with a girl under the online username "LawGirl21", eventually finding out she was none other than Judge Lebrun. The two then decided not to progress the relationship further out of respect for Hugo. After that, Émile confessed to Hugo that he had gone on a date with Judge Lebrun, who was saddened to discover that she had moved on so quickly. After all the events, the team prepared to head to Le Voyeur to investigate the potential animal trafficking operations.
- Jackson Peacock (found stabbed through the heart)
- Ornamental Dagger
- Kiki Kloss
- The killer rides a scooter.
- The killer eats croque-madames.
- The killer has watched Aurélie.
- The killer has black hair.
- The killer wears earrings.
- Investigate Montmartre Apartment. (Clues: Victim's Body, Torn Paper, Bracelet; Victim identified: Jackson Peacock)
- Examine Torn Paper. (Result: Caricature; New Suspect: Laila Rangwalla)
- Ask Laila Rangwalla about the victim. (Prerequisite: Caricature restored; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Artists' Square)
- Investigate Artists' Square. (Prerequisite: Laila interrogated; Clues: Faded Poster, Victim's Briefcase)
- Examine Faded Poster. (Result: Church Poster; New Suspect: Father Puce)
- Talk to Father Puce about the victim. (Prerequisite: Church Poster unraveled)
- Examine Bracelet. (Result: Name on Bracelet; New Suspect: Howard Stacy)
- Find out what Howard Stacy was doing in the victim's apartment. (Prerequisite: Name of Bracelet decoded)
- Examine Victim's Briefcase. (Result: Napkin)
- Analyze Napkin. (03:00:00; Attribute: The killer eats croque-madames)
- Autopsy Victim's Body. (18:00:00; Attribute: The killer rides a scooter)
- Go to Chapter 2. (No stars)
- Investigate Oh La Vache Café. (Available after unlocking Chapter 2; Clues: Dirty Dishes, Locked Camera, Exotic Pet Handbook)
- Examine Dirty Dishes. (Result: Bloody Dagger)
- Analyze Bloody Dagger. (12:00:00; Murder Weapon registered: Ornamental Dagger; Attribute: The killer has watched Aurélie; New Crime Scene: Painting Easels)
- Investigate Painting Easels. (Prerequisite: Bloody Dagger analyzed; Clues: Victim's Phone, Broken Metal)
- Examine Victim's Phone. (Result: Unlocked Phone)
- Analyze Unlocked Phone. (12:00:00)
- Demand answers from Howard Stacy about his angry voicemail. (Prerequisite: Unlocked Phone analyzed; Profile updated: Howard rides a scooter, has watched Aurélie and eats croque-madames)
- Examine Broken Metal. (Result: Crucifix)
- Ask Father Puce about the message on the crucifix. (Prerequisite: Crucifix restored; Profile updated: Father Puce eats croque-madames)
- Examine Locked Camera. (Result: Unlocked Camera; Clue: Mystery Woman)
- Examine Mystery Woman. (New Suspect: Harper Stone)
- Find out why Harper Stone was stalking the victim. (Prerequisite: Harper identified; Profile updated: Harper eats croque-madames and rides a scooter)
- Examine Exotic Pet Handbook. (Result: Message to Victim; New Suspect: Kiki Kloss)
- Find out why Kiki Kloss sent the exotic pet handbook to the victim. (Prerequisite: Message to Victim unraveled; Profile updated: Kiki eats croque-madames and rides a scooter)
- Go to Chapter 3. (1 star)
- Find out why Laila Rangwalla filed a complaint against the victim. (Available after unlocking Chapter 3; Profile updated: Laila rides a scooter and has watched Aurélie; New Crime Scene Unlocked: Living Room)
- Investigate Living Room. (Prerequisite: Laila interrogated; Clues: Footstool, Rug)
- Examine Rug. (Result: Yellow Substance)
- Examine Yellow Substance. (Result: Vegan Cheese)
- Confront Harper Stone about being in the victim's apartment. (Prerequisite: Vegan Cheese identified under microscope; Profile updated: Harper has watched Aurélie)
- Examine Footstool. (Result: Victim's Checkbook)
- Analyze Victim's Checkbook. (09:00:00)
- Confront Kiki Kloss about her real relationship with the victim. (Prerequisite: Victim's Checkbook analyzed; Profile updated: Kiki has watched Aurélie)
- Investigate Café Terrace. (All tasks above must be completed; Clues: Scooter Lubricant, Smashed Jewelry)
- Examine Scooter Lubricant. (Result: Black Fibers)
- Analyze Black Fibers. (15:00:00; Attribute: The killer has black hair)
- Examine Smashed Jewelry. (Result: Peacock Brooch)
- Analyze Peacock Brooch. (09:00:00; Attribute: The killer wears earrings)
- Take care of the killer now!
- Go to Walk on the Wild Side (2/5). (No stars)
Walk on the Wild Side (2/5)
- Investigate Montmartre Apartment. (Available after unlocking Walk on the Wild Side; Clue: Burlap Sack)
- Examine Burlap Sack. (Result: Baby Cheetahs)
- Analyze Baby Cheetahs. (09:00:00)
- Ask Harper Stone to help the cheetah cubs. (Prerequisite: Baby Cheetahs analyzed; Reward: Burger)
- Investigate Living Room. (Prerequisite: Harper interrogated; Clue: Waste Paper Basket)
- Examine Waste Paper Basket. (Result: Harper's Posters)
- Return the posters to Harper. (Prerequisite: Harper's Posters found; Reward: 20,000 Coins)
- Find out what Émile wants. (Available after unlocking Walk on the Wild Side)
- Ask Laila Rangwalla for help finding a present. (Prerequisite: Émile interrogated; Reward: Burlesque Makeup)
- Investigate Painting Easels. (Prerequisite: Laila interrogated; Clue: Jigsaw Puzzle)
- Examine Jigsaw Puzzle. (Result: Completed Jigsaw)
- Investigate Oh La Vache Café. (Prerequisite: Completed Jigsaw restored; Clue: Fainted Émile)
- Analyze Fainted Émile. (06:00:00)
- Go meet LawGirl21 with Émile. (Prerequisite: Fainted Émile analyzed)
- Move on to a new crime! (1 star)
- In Chapter 1, two European painters, Vincent Van Gogh and Pablo Picasso, are mentioned.
- Aurélie is a parody of Amélie, a 2001 French romantic comedy film directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet.
- Spanax is a parody of Xanax, a short-acting tranquilizer.